1. The National Cheng Kung University Regulations for Student Leave of Absence, revised and approved by the Student Affairs Council in the first semester of the 2018-19 academic year on December 21, 2018 shall take effect from December 27 in the first semester of the 2018-19 academic year. These regulations are publicized on the webpage of the Student Assistance Division at http://www.cc.ncku.edu.tw/rule/content.php?sn=248.
The Student Leave Application Online System is available at : http://i.ncku.edu.tw/
2. Students must log into the Student Leave Application Online System to apply for leave according to relevant regulations. Written applications will not be processed except unforeseen contingencies beyond the control of the applicant.
3. Applications for leave of absence, except the application for sick leave, should be submitted for approval in advance of the leave. In case of severe illness, emergency, or unforeseen contingencies , students will be allowed to complete an application for leave on the Student Leave Application Online System within 5 days from the last day of the leave (holidays included).
4. While applications for personal leave or sick leave for three or more days shall be submitted with relevant certificates or documents according to the NCKU Regulations for Student Leave of Absence, applications for personal leave or sick leave for no more than days may be submitted with relevant certificates or documents to facilitate approval administration.
5. How do students apply for leave during a semester, or a summer or winter break?
(三)為了完善您個人的學習紀錄，請逕至「數位學習歷程檔 e-Portfolio >登錄校外學習紀錄」。網址: http://eportfolio.ncku.edu.tw/index2/index.php
(1) Non-official leave: During a semester, or a summer or winter break, students who leave NCKU to participate in extramural learning activities during the leave are not required to log into the Student Leave Application Online System to apply for leave.
(2) Official leave: Students participating in various activities on weekdays or holidays for an official purpose, with no courses scheduled at NCKU during the leave, are still required to log into the Student Leave Application Online System to apply for leave.
(3) Students participating in various activities stated above are advised to go to the website of e-Portfolio at http://eportfolio.ncku.edu.tw/index2/index.php to update their records of learning activities.
6. The Student Leave Application Online System is established as a student leave application platform convenient to be operated by NCKU faculty members and students. Applicants must keep their instructors and the offices concerned of approval procedures to complete their applications within the designated deadline.
7. All NCKU members who log into the Student Leave Application Online System to process student leave applications are advised to read “Related Instructions” including Student Leave Application Flowchart, National Cheng Kung University Regulations for Student Leave of Absence, Instructions for Official Leave, and Instructions for non-official Leave, in order to facilitate their operation and secure the rights and interests of students.