Those who receive scholarships or grants for international students offered by Taiwanese governmental agencies are not eligible to receive this scholarship. Any recipients of this scholarship found to be acting in violation of this rule will be disqualified from receiving this scholarship, and must return the funds they have already received.
US dollars to New Taiwan dollars is roughly 1:30 When issuing the scholarship, the amount of money will be given in NT$.
I. On-campus Scholarship
1. Veritas et Conscientia Scholarship (VCS)
- Eligibility: Full-time PhD students in years 1-4 of their program
- Scholarship content: Recipients will receive a monthly stipend of NT$30,000, which includes NT$22,000 from the university and NT$8,000 from the recipients’ advisors; and the waiver of tuition fees, course credit fees, and basic fee rate for on-campus accomodations.
- Nominees do not need to submit any application documents for this scholarship. Potential recipients are to be nominated and to be selected as award recipients by the departments.
2. NCKU Distinguished International Student Scholarship
The NCKU Distinguished International Student Scholarship is classified into the following two categories:
For Undergraduate: The departments shall issue the scholarship to the admitted student base on the “NCKU Guidelines for the International Student Scholarship Program for Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree Students”. The amount of scholarship and number of recipients shall be determined by each department.
- Top 20%(included) will each receive NT$15,000 per month.
- Following 20% - 40% will each receive NT$10,000 per month.
- Accepted students will receive the waiver of the basic rate of on-campus accomodation fee (A scholarship recepient who chooses not to live in a on-campus will not receive any payment for the waiver of accomodation fee).
For Graduate: The departments shall issue the scholarship to the admitted students base on the "NCKU Guidelines for the International Student Scholarship Program for Bachelor's and Master's Degree Students" and "NCKU Guidelines for Distinguished International PhD Student Scholarships". The amount of scholarship and number of recipients shall be determined by each department. (monthly stipend for master recipients is up to NT$15,000, and for PhD students is up to NT$25,000).
- How to apply: The University International Student Admissions Committee will review the application documents to evaluate the scholarship opportunity for the first academic year. Applicants do not need to submit any additional application documents for this scholarship, and the award information will be mailed along with the admission letter. For the further academic years, the students have to apply again.
1. Students with an employment status on their ARC or a work visa are not eligible to receive any of the above scholarships.
2. Recipients who defer admission will be disqualified from the granted scholarship and reviewed again on the returning semester.
3. NCKU Dept./ Inst. Scholarship Information
Various available scholarship provided by the dept./inst., the scholarship is subjected to change yearly, please refer to the latest Admission Prospectus for International Students, or you my contact dept./inst. directly for further information.
II. Off-campus Scholarship
1. Taiwan Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Taiwan government (Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Ministry of Science Technology).
- How to apply: For application guidelines and forms, types of scholarship and quotas, as well as information regarding the selection process and outcome announcements, applicants may directly contact the relevant Taiwan Embassy or Representative Office. Please refer to the MOFA website for the nearest embassy or representative office.
- Relevant link:
2. MOE Elite Scholarship (Fall admission applicants)
- Eligibility: Doctoral/Master's degree-seeking applicants who are currently university lecturers or professors in Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan and all African countries.
- Duration of Scholarships:
3 years (in Doctoral programs /reviewed annually)
2 years (in Master's programs /reviewed annually)
3. International Cooperation and Development Fund (ICDF) Higher Education Scholarship Program
- The Taiwan ICDF has established the Taiwan International Cooperation Alliance (TICA) with its partner universities, setting up an operational platform under this TICA framework to manage and improve the scholarship program. NCKU has been cooperating with Taiwan ICDF from 2007 for the International Master's Programs in Civil Engineering and Management and Natural Hazards Mitigation and Management.
- How to Apply:
Applicants should complete Taiwan ICDF online application and submit the documents to the ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate (General)/ Representative Office/ Taiwan Technical Mission or project representative in their country. Applicants must ensure that they submit accurate and complete documentation; failure to do so will result in the application not being processed. Please also note: Late submissions will not be accepted and/or processed.
- Award Timeframe: Master's Program in Civil Engineering and Management and Natural Hazards Mitigation and Management for 2 years maximum.
- For more information, please visit to International Cooperation and Development Fund or department websites.
4. Taiwan Semiconductor Scholarship Program (2023.09 Fall Semester)
- Fund: Taiwan government scholarships for students pursuing a postgraduate degree in semiconductor research in Taiwan
- Scholarship Benefits:
- Full tuition fees reimbursements for Master's students (up to 2 years), and Doctoral students (up to 4 years).
- A monthly stipend of TWD 25,000 (~ 800EURO) for Master's students, and TWD40,000 (~1300EURO) for Doctoral students.
- Round-trip flights to and from Taiwan
- Nationality: Citizens of Czech Republic, Slovakia, Lithuania, and Poland
- Fields: applicants to study at NCKU must be semiconductiors related, including:
- AISSM: Integrated Circuit Design, Semiconductor Process Technology, Semiconductor Packaging and Testing, Key Materials, Smart and Sustainable Manufacturing
- EECS: Electrical Engineering, Microelectronics, Manufacturing Information and Systems
- Engineering: Materials Science and Engineeering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Science: Physics, Photonics
- Levels: MS or PhD
- Application Dates: 2023 fall semester admission
- Application: January 16 to March 15, 2023
- Admissions & Scholarship release: April 15, 2023
*Relevant info., please visit：https://ais2m.ncku.edu.tw/?action=news&id=511&lang=3
5. E.Sun Bank ASEAN Scholarship
- Purpose: The E.Sun Volunteer & Social welfare Foundation (hereinafter referred to as the Foundation) promotes talent exchanges with ASEAN countries and encourages outstanding ASEAN students to come to Taiwan to study. With the purpose of cultivating outstanding talents of ASEAN with international professionalism and competence, the Foundation specially set up the E.Sun Bank ASEAN Scholarship.
- Eligibility: An applicant who holds a citizenship of Cambodia, Vietnam or Myanmar applies for a master's degree and is admitted to a partner school may apply.
- Scholarship amount: Awardee receives total NT$100,000 for one academic year, distributed in two semesters.
6. NCKU Butterfly-ASEAN Scholarship
- Purpose: With the purpose of cultivating outstanding talents of ASEAN with international professionalism and competence, the Vietnam Yongyuan Foundation invited Guangtai Metal Industry Co., Ltd. and Ronggang Material Technology Co., Ltd. to cooperatively support and provide the university's outstanding Vietnamese students with living allowances through this special establishment-NCKU Butterfly-ASEAN Scholarship.
- Eligibility: All degree students of NCKU who hold a Vietnamese nationality, with the exclusion of under the status of overseas Chinese students and who have held the Republic of China (ROC Taiwan) nationality.
- Requirements: Eligible applicants are those enrolled at NCKU as international students who have completed their first semester of study at NCKU and achieved both 80 or above of an average academic grade and conducting score in the previous academic semester.
- Number of awards: A maximum of 6 students per academic semester.
- Scholarship awardee receives a total of VND20,000,000 / NTD30,000 at once.
- Applicants shall submit an application to the International Student Affairs Division under the Office of International Affairs during the period from November 1st to November 30th in the fall semester, or during the period from May 1st to May 31st in the spring semester.
- For more application information, please refer to International Students Affairs website.
7. NCKU Industries Collaboration Scholarship
NCKU links with internationl companies in cooperating in the Cultivation to outstanding talents and provide internships or job opportunities, please refer to the latest Admission Prospectus for International Students, the scholarship is subject to change according to each program deadline.