NCKU Butterfly-ASEAN Scholarship
National Cheng Kung University (hereafter as "NCKU") establishes a talent cultivation program for industry-university cooperation. As Taiwan’s New Southbound Policy of developing Taiwan-Vietnam educational cooperation and exchanges is announced, this program is made to encourage outstanding Vietnamese students to study in Taiwan.
With the purpose of cultivating outstanding talents of ASEAN with international professionalism and competence, the Vietnam Yongyuan Foundation invited Guangtai Metal Industry Co., Ltd. and Ronggang Material Technology Co., Ltd. to cooperatively support and provide the university’s outstanding Vietnamese students with living allowances through this special establishment–NCKU Butterfly-ASEAN Scholarship.
II. Application Eligibility
- Eligibility: All degree students of NCKU who hold a Vietnamese nationality, with the exclusion of under the status of overseas Chinese students and who have held the Republic of China (ROC Taiwan) nationality.
- Requirements: Eligible applicants are those enrolled at NCKU as international students who have completed their first semester of study at NCKU and achieved both 80 or above of an average academic grade and conducting score in the previous academic semester.
III. Scholarship Quota and Amount
- Number of awards: A maximum of 6 students per academic semester.
- Scholarship awardee receives a total of USD 1,000/NTD 30,000 at once.
IV. Application Period
Applicants shall submit an application to the International Student Affairs Division under the Office of International Affairs during the period from November 1st to November 30th in the fall semester, or during the period from May 1st to May 31st in the spring semester.
V. Application Documents
- Application form: Including autobiography, career planning, and others.
- An academic transcript for the last semester, and a certificate of enrollment.
- Photocopy of the passport or residence permit.
- Other supplementary documents: such as language proficiency test certificate, outstanding performance certificate, other documents that facilitate reviewing.
VI. Reviewing Procedure
- Application submission: Applicants must submit application materials within the application period.
- Reviewing: The committee consists of Vietnam Yongyuan Foundation, Guangtai Metal Industry Co., Ltd., and Ronggang Material Technology Co., Ltd.Limited company will review the submitted applications.
- Decision: After the granting unit verifies the list of winners, the school will notify the winners and publish them on the website.
- Appropriation: The award recipients must provide the post office or the bank account designated by the subsidizing unit, and then the subsidizing unit will allocate funds.
※ Scholarship Application Form: https://pse.is/wul2e
※ Please email all the required documents and application form to firstname.lastname@example.org before Nov 30, 2022 (Wednesday).
Contact Person: Ms. Shaye Chong, Overseas Students and Scholars Services (OSSS).
TEL: 06-2757575 ext.50466