NCKU Epidemic Prevention Announcement for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
By NCKU COVID-19 Prevention Caucus
Dear Overseas Students,
The Ministry of Education (MOE) now allows the entry of overseas degree students and recipients of the pre-degree Mandarin Language Enrichment Program (LEP) under the Taiwan Scholarship Program by Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) from ALL countries/regions.
Due to the rise of global pandemic and the possibility of a stricter border control of Taiwan, students already in Taiwan are advised to avoid overseas traveling during winter vacation.
As the new semester will start from February 22nd, students currently being oversea are advised to take flights and arrive in Taiwan before February 7th to smoothly attend classes. In addition, February 10-16th is the lunar new year holiday. Most Taiwanese authorities and institutions (e.g. MOE and universities) remain operation with a few staffs. Students are therefore advised to not to arrive in Taiwan during this period in case emergent official documents may not be processed in time.
In consideration of the arrangement of quarantine process and quarantine space in Taiwan, for the degree students who are allowed to enter Taiwan, please update your flight information and related information at least 14 days prior to your flight via the survey for overseas students. Actual entry and quarantine arrangement may be adjusted due to the limited quarantine capacity of Taiwan.
Per the guidance from MOE, NCKU has listed the important procedure as following:
3. 無須經由教育部專案入境的學生，若有簽證/居留證號碼以及航班資訊後，請同學填寫境外生調查系統 (http://exchange.oia.ncku.edu.tw/pras/index.php)。
4. 需要經由教育部專案入境的學生，獲教育部宣布開放入境後，若有簽證/居留證號碼以及航班資訊後，請同學填寫境外生調查系統 (http://exchange.oia.ncku.edu.tw/pras/index.php)，校方將依據同學所填報簽證號碼、入境日期及入境航班陳報教育部，協助同學取得「境外生入境許可證明」。校方將以電子通知信函寄發「境外生入境許可證明」，請同學列印出紙本以利入境時查驗。
Step 1. Complete the survey for overseas students (http://exchange.oia.ncku.edu.tw/pras/index.php)
No matter if you are an existing student or a new student, currently living in overseas countries/regions or in Taiwan, all overseas students are required to complete the survey. Please complete the survey as early as possible, especially the students who will need to obtain the Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate from the MOE through NCKU for entry into Taiwan. Students must enter Taiwan on the date and flight reported in the survey. If any changes occurred due to force majeure, such as typhoon, cancellation or merge of flights, students must inform the school immediately for a new approval of entry. (Note: To know if you would need MOE’s entry permit certificate or not, please refer to the charts in the last section of announcement.)
1. NCKU will actively report the name list of new students enrolled for the spring semester 2021 to the MOE. MOE who will further inform related Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Offices for visa issue. Existing students who need to apply for a new visa should actively inform the Overseas & Mainland Chinese Students Affairs Division or the International Students Affairs Division, so that NCKU can immediately report to the MOE.
2. After receiving the MOE’s official document number forwarded by NCKU, new students or existing students who need to apply for a new visa can contact with your local Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office. Students with valid visa will not need to apply for a new one.
3. For the students who does NOT NEED Entry Permit Certificate from the MOE, please complete the survey for overseas students after you have the visa number and flight information. (http://exchange.oia.ncku.edu.tw/pras/index.php)
4. For the students who NEED Entry Permit Certificate from the MOE, after you are allowed entry into Taiwan and have the visa number and flight information, please update related information in the survey for overseas students as early as possible. (http://exchange.oia.ncku.edu.tw/pras/index.php) NCKU will assist you in obtaining the Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate from the MOE. If you receive the e-file of the Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate forwarded by NCKU, please print it out for border entry checks.
5. Although NCKU has reported the name list of new students enrolled for the spring semester 2021 to the MOE, in consideration of the different circumstances in different countries/regions affecting the procedure of Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Offices, please wait patiently for NCKU’s notification. If students reserve flights before obtaining a visa, they might need to change flights afterward due to the delay of visa.
Step 2. Before boarding, present related documents and complete the registration in the Quarantine System for Entry
(1) Valid passport
(2) Valid Visa, R. O. C. Taiwan Resident Certificate, or Exit & Entry Permit Taiwan Republic of China
(3) For the students who NEED Entry Permit Certificate from the MOE, you will need to present the Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate (in paper file)
(4) a medical certificate with a Coronavirus(COVID-19) RT- PCR test result issued at most 3 working days prior to boarding
2. Before boarding, please fill out a health declaration form in the Quarantine System for Entry (https://hdhq.mohw.gov.tw/). (Please be reminded that the phone number registered in the system must be valid and connectable in Taiwan (R.O.C) to receive a confirmation text and have access to the e-process)
Step 3. After landing in Taiwan, restart your mobile phone and complete the below procedures:
NOTE: If you have Taiwan’s mobile number, please remember to pay fee for using that number. If you do NOT have Taiwan’s mobile number, please purchase a SIM card of Taiwan’s mobile number upon your arrival at Taiwan’s international airport and change to a local SIM card.
Step 4. Immigration Clearance
Step 5. Go to the Reception Counter for Overseas Students in the Arrival Hall
The students who NEED Entry Permit Certificate from the MOE will need to follow the signs to find the Reception Counter for Overseas Students in the Arrival Hall, the receptionist will guide you to take the epidemic prevention transportation to your quarantine hotel/facility.
Step 6. 14-Day Quarantine
Quarantine & Transportation Arrangements
for Overseas Degree Students
NCKU arranges 14-day quarantine space with all fees paid by the students:
NCKU may possibly assist in arranging 14-day quarantine space with all fees paid by the students:
Existing students with valid ARC are allowed to enter/re-enter Taiwan, and do not require to notify MOE for Taiwan entry. (Existing students from China are not included.)
Students shall reserve a quarantine hotel or home quarantine if possible. (Existing students from China are not included.)
(Epidemic Prevention - Quarantine Hotels https://taiwan.taiwanstay.net.tw/covhotel/)
● 居家檢疫補助: 完成14天居家檢疫，並且取得居留證者，可申請14000元之檢疫補助 (https://swis.mohw.gov.tw/covidweb/home/index_en.jsp)
● Quarantine compensation: After completing the 14-day quarantine and receiving your Alien Resident Card (ARC), you are eligible to apply for a quarantine subsidy of NT$14,000 (https://swis.mohw.gov.tw/covidweb/home/index_en.jsp)
● Contacts & Links:
Overseas & Mainland Chinese Students Affairs Division: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Students Affairs Division: email@example.com