國立成功大學防疫公告 - 學位生入台 NCKU COVID-19 Prevention Announcement - Entry of Degree Students (20210219 1130)
NCKU Epidemic Prevention Announcement for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
By NCKU COVID-19 Prevention Caucus
Dear Overseas Students,
The Ministry of Education (MOE) announced on February 8th the lifting of entry ban for overseas degree students and recipients of the pre-degree Mandarin Language Enrichment Program (LEP) under the Taiwan Scholarship Program by Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) from ALL countries/regions.
Per the guidance from MOE, NCKU has listed the important procedure as following:
3. 持有居留證，可自由入境的學生，若有簽證/居留證號碼以及航班資訊後，請同學填寫境外生調查系統 (http://exchange.oia.ncku.edu.tw/pras/index.php?c=auth )。
4. 需要經由教育部專案入境的學生，獲教育部宣布開放入境後，若有簽證/居留證號碼以及航班資訊後，請同學填寫境外生調查系統 http://exchange.oia.ncku.edu.tw/pras/index.php?c=auth )，校方將依據同學所填報簽證號碼、入境日期及入境航班陳報教育部，協助同學取得「境外生入境許可證明」。校方將以電子通知信函寄發「境外生入境許可證明」，請同學列印出紙本以利入境時查驗。
Step 1. Complete the survey for overseas students (http://exchange.oia.ncku.edu.tw/pras/index.php?c=auth ) (Survey system will be open from February 22nd.)
No matter if you are an existing student or a new student, currently living in overseas countries/regions or in Taiwan, all overseas students are required to complete the survey.
In consideration of the arrangement of quarantine process and quarantine space in Taiwan, for the degree students who are allowed to enter Taiwan, please update your flight information and related information at least 14 days prior to your flight via the survey for overseas students. Actual entry and quarantine arrangement may be adjusted due to the limited quarantine capacity of Taiwan.
1. NCKU has actively reported the name list of new students enrolled to the MOE. MOE who will further inform related Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Offices for visa issue. Existing students who need to apply for a new visa should actively inform the Overseas & Mainland Chinese Students Affairs Division or the International Students Affairs Division, so that NCKU can immediately report to the MOE.
2. After receiving the MOE’s official document number forwarded by NCKU, new students or existing students who need to apply for a new visa can contact with your local Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office. Students with valid visa will not need to apply for a new one.
3. Students who can enter Taiwan with valid ARC, please complete the survey for overseas students after you have the visa number and flight information. (http://exchange.oia.ncku.edu.tw/pras/index.php?c=auth )
4. For the students who NEED Entry Permit Certificate from the MOE, after you are allowed entry into Taiwan and have the visa number and flight information, please update related information in the survey for overseas students as early as possible. (http://exchange.oia.ncku.edu.tw/pras/index.php?c=auth ) NCKU will assist you in obtaining the Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate from the MOE. If you receive the e-file of the Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate forwarded by NCKU, please print it out for border entry checks.
Please complete the survey as early as possible, especially the students who does not have a valid ARC will need to obtain the Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate from the MOE through NCKU for entry into Taiwan. Students must enter Taiwan on the date and flight reported in the survey. If any changes occurred due to force majeure, such as typhoon, cancellation or merge of flights, students must inform the school immediately for a new approval of entry.
5. Although NCKU has reported the name list of new students enrolled to the MOE, in consideration of the different circumstances in different countries/regions affecting the procedure of Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Offices, please wait patiently for NCKU’s notification. If students reserve flights before obtaining a visa, they might need to change flights afterward due to the delay of visa.
Step 2. Before boarding, present related documents and complete the registration in the Quarantine System for Entry
- Your local airline’s check-in counter will require documents as below:
(1) Valid passport
(2) Valid Visa, R. O. C. Taiwan Resident Certificate, or Exit & Entry Permit Taiwan Republic of China
(3) For the students who NEED Entry Permit Certificate from the MOE, you will need to present the Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate (in paper file)
(4) a medical certificate with a Coronavirus(COVID-19) RT- PCR test result issued at most 3 working days prior to boarding
2. Before boarding, please fill out a health declaration form in the Quarantine System for Entry (https://hdhq.mohw.gov.tw/). (Please be reminded that the phone number registered in the system must be valid and connectable in Taiwan (R.O.C) to receive a confirmation text and have access to the e-process)
Step 3. After landing in Taiwan, restart your mobile phone and complete the below procedures:
- Restart your mobile phone. The health declaration pass will be sent to your mobile phone via SMS upon arrival in Taiwan.
- Present the health declaration pass on your mobile phone at the inspection point.
- Inform school contacts immediately about your arrival.
NOTE: If you have Taiwan’s mobile number, please remember to pay fee for using that number. If you do NOT have Taiwan’s mobile number, please purchase a SIM card of Taiwan’s mobile number upon your arrival at Taiwan’s international airport and change to a local SIM card.
- 入境查驗時，需要經由教育部專案入境的學生必須出示學校核發之境外生入境許可證明（Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate），由境管單位勾稽是否在教育部同意的名冊上。
Step 4. Immigration Clearance
- Receive health inspection of body temperature or suspicious symptoms.
- For immigration clearance, the students who NEED Entry Permit Certificate from the MOE are required to present the Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate from the school, and to be checked if their names are on the approval list from the MOE.
Step 5. Go to the Reception Counter for Overseas Students in the Arrival Hall
The students who NEED Entry Permit Certificate from the MOE will need to follow the signs to find the Reception Counter for Overseas Students in the Arrival Hall, the receptionist will guide you to take the epidemic prevention transportation to your quarantine hotel/facility.
Step 6. 14-Day Quarantine
- Quarantine hotel: All students upon your arrival at the quarantine hotel, a personnel will assist you with the check-in and explain about the quarantine process. During the 14-Day quarantine, please report about your health condition to the school every day.
- Group quarantine: if students are arranged to live in a group quarantine facility, please act in accordance to related regulations.
- Off-campus Home Quarantine: Only students with valid ARC and from countries/regions other than China are allowed to carry out Home Quarantine off campus. The quarantine space should be a quarantine hotel, group quarantine facility, or space approved by related local health bureaus. Please report about your health condition to the school every day.
- Prepare your own clinical thermometer, masks, and disinfection supplies.
- You should conduct Home Quarantine for 14 days after entering Taiwan immediately. It is forbidden to go out, take public transportation, or go to school or office during the 14 days. Those who fail to comply with central epidemic command and control measures will be fined according to the Communicable Disease Control Act and may be proceeded with compulsory placement when necessary.
- For the students who NEED Entry Permit Certificate from the MOE, NCKU will assist in arranging a quarantine space; however, all quarantine fees including hotel fee, meals, personal amenities and utilities shall be paid by students. Students with valid ARC are allowed to enter/re-enter Taiwan and shall arrange a quarantine hotel by themselves.
Step 7. Receive COVID-19 RT- PCR Test, Quarantine for 2 More Days
On the 14th day of quarantine, NCKU will help arrange a COVID-19 RT- PCR Test for the students who enter Taiwan with the Entry Permit Certificate from the MOE. Students will not be allowed to leave the quarantine hotel until their test results come back negative. As it may take 2 days to know the test result, students may have to stay in the quarantine facility for a total of 16 days.
Step 8. 7-Day Self-Health Management
- After being allowed to leave quarantine facility, overseas students will have to continue to exercise self-health management for seven days, during which they will be required to wear a surgical mask at all times, report their temperature twice a day, avoid entering the campus for class, and avoid visiting public places.
- For the students who already reserved dormitory, NCKU will arrange single-rooms for you during the 7 days. After the 7 days, students will be able to live in regular dormitory.
● 居家檢疫補助: 完成14天居家檢疫，並且取得居留證者，可申請14000元之檢疫補助 (https://swis.mohw.gov.tw/covidweb/home/index_en.jsp)
● Quarantine compensation: After completing the 14-day quarantine and receiving your Alien Resident Card (ARC), you are eligible to apply for a quarantine subsidy of NT$14,000 (https://swis.mohw.gov.tw/covidweb/home/index_en.jsp)
1. 僑生與陸生事務組 email@example.com
2. 國際學生事務組 firstname.lastname@example.org
3. 防疫接送問題，請洽總務處: email@example.com
- 旅宿網防疫旅宿專區： https://taiwan.taiwanstay.net.tw/covhotel/
5. 新生體檢問題，請洽衛生保健組 firstname.lastname@example.org
6. 外交部領事事務局 https://www.boca.gov.tw/mp-1.html
● Contacts & Links:
- email@example.comOverseas & Mainland Chinese Students Affairs Division:
- firstname.lastname@example.orgInternational Students Affairs Division:
- As for Epidemic Prevention Transportation inquires, please contact Office of General Affairs: email@example.com
- As for Quarantine facility inquires:
- Epidemic Prevention - Quarantine Hotels https://taiwan.taiwanstay.net.tw/covhotel/
- Group quarantine facility：