國立成功大學防疫公告 - 境外生返台 NCKU COVID-19 Prevention Announcement - Entry of Overseas Students (20200807 0940)
NCKU Epidemic Prevention Announcement for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
By NCKU COVID-19 Prevention Caucus
Dear Overseas Students,
On August 5th, the Ministry of Education (MOE) announced that the following categories of overseas students are allowed to enter Taiwan.
- Overseas degree students graduating from the academic year 2019-2020 in ALL countries/regions.
- Other existing degree students in all countries/regions, except China.
- New degree students enrolled for academic year 2020-2021 and recipients of the pre-degree Mandarin Language Enrichment Program (LEP) under the Taiwan Scholarship Program by Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) from the 19 low- and medium-risk countries/regions.
The 19 low- and medium-risk countries/regions listed by MOE:
● Low-risk countries/regions: Vietnam, Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Palau, Australia, New Zealand, Brunei, Fiji, Mongolia, Bhutan, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar.
● Medium-risk countries/regions: Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, Sri Lanka.
Due to the availability of NCKU Quarantine Dormitory, for the degree students who are allowed to enter Taiwan, please try to arrange your flight and arrive in Taiwan as early as possible. For any special conditions, please update related information as early as possible via the survey for overseas students.
As the list of low- and medium-risk countries/regions will be constantly reviewed and changed according to the epidemic situation, we hope that more countries could be announced by MOE for Taiwan entry in the near future. Once you are authorized to enter Taiwan, 14-day quarantine process is required. Per the guidance from MOE, NCKU has listed the important procedure as following:
3. 無須經由教育部專案入境的學生，若有簽證/居留證號碼以及航班資訊後，請同學填寫境外生調查系統 (http://exchange.oia.ncku.edu.tw/pras/index.php)。
4. 需要經由教育部專案入境的學生，獲教育部宣布開放入境後，若有簽證/居留證號碼以及航班資訊後，請同學填寫境外生調查系統 (http://exchange.oia.ncku.edu.tw/pras/index.php)，校方將依據同學所填報簽證號碼、入境日期及入境航班陳報教育部，協助同學取得「境外生入境許可證明」。校方將以電子通知信函寄發「境外生入境許可證明」，請同學列印出紙本以利入境時查驗。
Step 1. Complete the survey for overseas students (http://exchange.oia.ncku.edu.tw/pras/index.php)
No matter if you are an existing student or a new student, currently living in overseas countries/regions or in Taiwan, all overseas students are required to complete the survey. Please complete the survey as early as possible, especially the students who will need to obtain the Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate from the MOE through NCKU for entry into Taiwan. Students must enter Taiwan on the date and flight reported in the survey. If any changes occurred due to force majeure, such as typhoon, cancellation or merge of flights, students must inform the school immediately for a new approval of entry. (Note: To know if you would need MOE’s entry permit certificate or not, please refer to the charts in the last section of announcement.)
1. NCKU has reported the name list of new students enrolled for the fall semester 2020 to the MOE. Existing students who need to apply for a new visa should actively inform the Overseas & Mainland Chinese Students Affairs Division or the International Students Affairs Division, so that NCKU can immediately report to the MOE who will further inform related Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Offices.
2. After receiving the MOE’s official document number forwarded by NCKU, new students or existing students who need to apply for a new visa can contact with your local Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office. Students with valid visa will not need to apply for a new one.
3. For the students who does NOT NEED Entry Permit Certificate from the MOE, please complete the survey for overseas students after you have the visa number and flight information. (http://exchange.oia.ncku.edu.tw/pras/index.php)
4. For the students who NEED Entry Permit Certificate from the MOE, after you are allowed entry into Taiwan and have the visa number and flight information, please update related information in the survey for overseas students as early as possible. (http://exchange.oia.ncku.edu.tw/pras/index.php) NCKU will assist you in obtaining the Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate from the MOE. If you receive the e-file of the Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate forwarded by NCKU, please print it out for border entry checks.
5. Although NCKU has reported the name list of new students enrolled for the fall semester 2020 to the MOE, in consideration of the different circumstances in different countries/regions affecting the procedure of Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Offices, please wait patiently for NCKU’s notification. If students reserve flights before obtaining a visa, they might need to change flights afterward due to the delay of visa.
Step 2. Before boarding, present related documents and complete the registration in the Quarantine System for Entry
- Your local airline’s check-in counter will require documents as below:
(1) Valid passport
(2) Valid Visa, R. O. C. Taiwan Resident Certificate, or Exit & Entry Permit Taiwan Republic of China
(3) Some students will need to present the Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate (in paper file)
2. Before boarding, please fill out a health declaration form in the Quarantine System for Entry (https://hdhq.mohw.gov.tw/). (Please be reminded that the phone number registered in the system must be valid and connectable in Taiwan (R.O.C) to receive a confirmation text and have access to the e-process)
Step 3. After landing in Taiwan, restart your mobile phone and complete the below procedures:
- Restart your mobile phone. The health declaration pass will be sent to your mobile phone via SMS upon arrival in Taiwan.
- Present the health declaration pass on your mobile phone at the inspection point.
- Inform school contacts immediately about your arrival.
- 入境查驗時，部分同學必須出示學校核發之境外生入境許可證明（Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate），由境管單位勾稽是否在教育部同意的名冊上。
Step 4. Immigration Clearance
- Receive health inspection of body temperature or suspicious symptoms.
- For immigration clearance, some students are required to present the Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate from the school, and to be checked if their names are on the approval list from the MOE.
Step 5. Go to the Reception Counter for Overseas Students in the Arrival Hall
Follow the signs to find the Reception Counter for Overseas Students in the Arrival Hall, the receptionist will guide you to take the epidemic prevention transportation to your quarantine dormitory/hotel.
Step 6. 14-Day Quarantine
- NCKU Quarantine Dormitory: All students Upon your arrival at the quarantine dormitory/hotel, school personnel will assist you with the check-in and explain about the quarantine process. During the 14-Day home quarantine, please report about your health condition to the school every day.
- Off-campus Home Quarantine: Only students with valid ARC and from countries/regions other than Hong Kong, Macau and China are allowed to carry out Home Quarantine off campus. The quarantine space should a separate room with a separate bathroom. If you don’t have a separate room (including a separate bathroom) or if you live with elderly people 65 years old or older, children 6 years old or under, or persons with chronic diseases (such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes or lung disease, etc.), you are required to stay at a quarantine hotel to undergo home quarantine. Please report about your health condition to the school every day.
Quarantine & Transportation Arrangements
for Overseas Degree Students
NCKU arranges and covers 14-day quarantine dormitory plus the airport transportation:
• Qualified participants:
2020 Fall Semester new students (degree students), who have confirmed and paid the early enrollment deposit of $5000NTD.
• 14-day quarantine: NCKU will arrange and cover the fee of a quarantine dormitory. Students cover the fee of meals, bedding, personal amenities and utilities.
• Transportation from airport to quarantine dormitory: NCKU will either reserve shuttle service; or students can take an epidemic-prevention taxi and keep the taxi receipt for the fee reimbursement.
NCKU arranges 14-day quarantine dormitory plus the airport transportation with all fees paid by the students:
• Qualified participants:
- Existing students, who was not authorized to enter Taiwan due to COVID-19.
- 2020 Fall Semester new students, who did not participate in Flexible Payment and Registration Plan with $5000NTD deposit.
- New students without valid ARC are required to notify MOE for a Taiwan entry approval.
- New students with valid ARC are allowed to enter/re-enter Taiwan, and do not require to notify MOE for Taiwan entry.
• 14-day quarantine: NCKU will assist in arranging a quarantine dormitory or students can reserve a quarantine hotel; however, all quarantine fees including dormitory fee, meals, bedding, personal amenities and utilities shall be paid by students.
• Transportation from airport to quarantine dormitory: NCKU will either reserve shuttle service, or students can take an epidemic-prevention taxi. All transportation fees shall be paid by students.
NCKU may possibly assist in arranging 14-day quarantine dormitory plus the airport transportation with all fees paid by the students:
• Qualified participants:
Existing students with valid ARC are allowed to enter/re-enter Taiwan, and do not require to notify MOE for Taiwan entry.
• 14-day quarantine:
- Students shall reserve a quarantine hotel or home quarantine if possible.
- If the availability for the quarantine hotel is limited or if there is elderly over 65-year old, child(ren) under 6-year old, or person with chronic disease at the same household, NCKU may try to arrange a quarantine dormitory. However, NCKU does not guarantee with the dormitory availabilities, and all quarantine fees including dormitory fee, meals, bedding, personal amenities and utilities shall be paid by students.
• Airport Transportation to the quarantine facility: NCKU may assist with shuttle service, or students can take a prevention taxi. All transportation fees are paid by students.
For existing students, leaving Taiwan during this summer break is NOT recommended by NCKU. If leaving Taiwan during this summer break is an inevitable must, please inform the school.
(一) 僑生與陸生事務組 firstname.lastname@example.org
(二) 國際學生事務組 email@example.com
(三) 防疫接送問題，請洽總務處: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Contacts & Links:
- email@example.comOverseas & Mainland Chinese Students Affairs Division:
- firstname.lastname@example.orgInternational Students Affairs Division:
- As for Epidemic Prevention Transportation inquires, please contact Office of General Affairs: email@example.com
- As for Quarantine facility inquires:
(1)Guiren Dormitory: please contact Office of General Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
(2)Other NCKU Campus Dormitory: please contact Housing Service Division: email@example.com
- As for New Student Health Exam inquiries, please contact Health Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taiwan Centers for Disease Control Press Releases: https://tinyurl.com/yamogczq
- Bureay of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs https://www.boca.gov.tw/mp-1.html
- Epidemic Prevention - Quarantine Hotels https://taiwan.taiwanstay.net.tw/covhotel/